After a very short stint as a stay-at-home-mom I’m headed back to work. We’ve been a bit spoiled having me home, and have been having way more home cooked meals than we’re used to. I’ve been looking through my crockpot dinners to see what kind of meals we’ll be having when I return to the office. Tonight I decided to try out one I haven’t used before, and I have to tell you it was DIVINE!
While on Pinterest today (because, where else!) I saw a recipe for crockpot ribs. I’m pretty sure I’ve had this one my dinner board for a couple of years, I’ve just always been scared of it. It seems like ribs would be something easy to mess up. I tweaked the recipe based on a few others I read. See below! After trying it tonight, I don’t think I’ll be ordering them in a restaurant again. They were that easy, and just that good.
Here’s what you need:
- Package of ribs – the recipe I read said a slab would feed 6 people, but I call shenanigans on that. I’d say it feeds 4. Not even because we’re over eaters, but because you’re probably getting between 14-15 ribs per slab.
- Can of Coke-Cola – We’ve cut back on drinking pop at my house, so I just grabbed a 20oz bottle at the checkout.
- 1 Bottle of BBQ Sauce – Our grocery store was having a buy one – get one free sale, so SCORE!
The process couldn’t be easier
- Cut open the package – based on the size of my crockpot, I cut the ribs in half
- Place the ribs in the crockpot – I put them meat side down to start
- In a bowl mix together 1 cup of Cola with 1 bottle of BBQ sauce
- Pour mixture over ribs in crockpot
- Set crockpot to high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- I turned my ribs once an hour (on high for 4) and basted them with the sauce
- Remove from crockpot, and transfer to foil covered cookie sheet.
- Set under broiler for 3-4 minutes, then baste. Broil another few minutes.
Next time I make these, I’ll probably cook them a little less time in the crockpot. These were falling apart, and while that makes them delicious, they’re hard to handle, both to the cookie sheet, and to the plate. I’ll probably also make some mashed potatoes to go along with dinner. Tonight we just had some potato salad.
I can’t wait to share some more of my fabulous finds! Stay tuned.