Decorating for 4th of July is always a fun time. I’ve come across some ideas I really love on Pinterest. (Cause where else!) Looking over the ways some have decorated, I decided to come up with a couple of free printables for you today! (Totally free) First up is our Stars and Stripes pennant style banner (Figure 1)
This pattern was a lot of fun to come up with. Creating your banner is simple. The pennants are 7 1/2″ tall by 5 3/4″. Creating your banner is easy, simply follow the steps below.(Click on the picture(s) below to download your files)
- Printer (Or your local copy shop)
- Hole Punch
- Paper cutter, or scissors
- Ribbon or other way to connect and hang the pennants
- Determine how much space you need to cover (the railing on my back deck is 15′ wide as an example.)
- Decide how much space you want between the banner pieces (See below – Figure 2) In my example I take the deck width of 15′ and multiple by 12 inches per feet, coming up with 180 inches (UGH math!!). If I wanted the pennants to touch I would need 31 pennants. You could totally do that, but I wanted a little space between each. (Notice my awesome drawings are not to scale.) I messed with the numbers a bit, and decided I wanted 20 pennants.
- Print desired number of pages (10 pages in my case, with 2 pennants per page)
- Cut pennants – because these are all straight lines, I would just use my paper trimmer, but feel free to scissor away.
- Stack pennants for easier whole punching (I use my Crop-a-dile)
- String Ribbon and hang! (Figure 3) The “ribbon” in the example is orange so you can see it.
We hope you love using this Free Printable as much as we loved creating it. Stick around all week for more FREE decor for 4th of July!! Happy Planning.